YouTube Video of Fleet Half Marathon 2016 (from MikeSpectrum)
David Pottinger writes:
The famous Brooks Fleet Pre-London Half Marathon will take place on Sunday 19th March 2017, starting at 10:30.
Why not put watching this event into your diary, it’s very impressive and has a great atmosphere!
Full details can be found on their website here, which advertises Fleet Pond Society (FPS) as the nominated local charity for 2017:
New for 2017:
- Revised course – faster, flatter final 2 miles
- New local charity – Fleet Pond Society – helping to support the natural environment in Fleet. Run for them and make a difference.
- Brooks event t-shirt available to buy when you enter the race.
- Medal, re-useable kitbag and other gift for all finishers.
- More toilets within the park following runner feedback.
- New race partner ‘Everyone Active’ the management company of the new Hart Leisure Centre opening March 2017.
Five runners have already volunteered to run for FPS:
- Dan Franklin
- Imogen Sutherland
- Lauren Saxby
- Shane England
- James Wicks
and we all wish them well in their preparations for the demanding event next year.
We also have 5 free places left – why not run for Fleet Pond? If you are interested please drop a line to our Chairman, Colin Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01252 616183.
We will publish further details nearer the time, including relevant charity giving pages.
FPS will be providing several stewards for the race and will also have a gazebo at the finish at Calthorpe Park Race Village. Please call by on the day if you’d like some information on how FPS benefits the local community.
FPS have been involved with this event previously. In 2015, two runners from Mackenzie Smith Estate Agency, Roxanne Lewington and Tara Skinner, raised £559 for the Pond by participating in the Half Marathon, see here and picture below.
From L to R: Colin Gray of FPS with Roxanne Lewington, Tara Skinner and Graham Tufnell of Mackenzie Smith